Go the extra mile…
Pure performance is at the heart of a Gunboat and it’s revered in the Gunboat 66. Engineered high-tech composite structures, minimum wetted surface underbodies, and centralized systems weight allow effortless 300+ nm days to be achieved in comfort.
MOONDOGGIE is operated from the internal central helm station and adjacent forward cockpit areas. This design offers unrivaled access to all the sail and anchor controls, ideal for shorthanded sailing and close-quarter maneuvers. Sailors stay within the safety of the main cabin and the forward cockpit to hoist, furl, reef, and trim sails. It’s a layout that separates the elements of work, and play, which allows the aft cockpit to remain dedicated to relaxation.
The foundation for performance is the strong, high tech, lightweight build – full carbon fiber construction with Kevlar outer skins for added impact resistance.
Mast and Spars
Mast and spars received a comprehensive refit and hardware upgrade in 2019 with engineering by Rigging Projects.
– Carbon fiber Marstrom mast (fixed, not rotating) Painted in Jet Black (New 2018)
– Pre-preg T600 modulus carbon fiber autoclave baked for minimum voids Integral carbon shroud terminals
– Carbon fiber gooseneck with stainless steel pin
– PVC conduit sock for mast electrical cables
– Carbon masthead electronics mounting plate
– Carbon boom with integral ‘hayracks’ for mainsail storage
– (3) reef points with West Engineering external locks and triplines (New 2018)
– Harken high load mainsheet blocks for dual mainsheet system with 3:1 purchase (New 2018)
– Marstrom carbon longeron
– Integrated carbon ‘Martingales’
– Integrated high-load trampoline track
Standing & Running Rigging
Comprehensive high spec rigging package serviced by Rigging Projects, Extensive spares list, including halyards, control lines and sheets.
– Cap shroud: ECSix (Service due 2023)
– Lowers: ECSix (Service Due 2023)
– Headstay: PBO (Replacement Due 2023)
– Diamonds: ECSix (Service Due 2028)
– Furling Cables (staysail, headstay, screecher, A3)
– (3) Lewmar 99 Race electric 24v winches in the forward cockpit
– (2) Aft cockpit dinghy winches: Lewmar 40 electric self-tailing winches
2018 Doyle (Palma) sail wardrobe optimized for cruising:
– Mainsail: 2018 Doyle 38004DPI Stratis Carbon Ice fully battened (140m2)
– J2: 2018 Doyle 27462DPI Stratis with four vertical battens (68m2)
– Screecher: Doyle (140m2)
– Staysail: Dacron
– A3: CZ90 (226m2)
– Storm Jib: Dacron