Gunboat 68 TOSCA
Fast, technologically advanced, and elegantly designed, the Gunboat 68 is the culmination of over 15 years of development within the fleet. Incorporating the best of what has come before with experienced boatbuilding and valuable industry partnerships, the Gunboat 68 marked a step-change in the evolution of the brand.
The fourth Gunboat 68 in the fleet, Gunboat 68 TOSCA launched in 2021 with extensive owner-selected upgrades for the highest level of refinement. A true work of art, no expense was spared from the sailing equipment to systems to interior design and exotic finishings. Owning a yacht can truly be a captivating experience, and a lifestyle!
Under the management of Alex Thompson Racing, Tosca has been developed and serviced to the highest industry standards. The owner achieved a bucket-list series of regattas, and cruising in-between.
Life is too short to sail a slow boat
Applying proven, Grand Prix race boat building and sailing performance technology to what is at its core, an optimized world-cruising sailing yacht. The Gunboat 68 was designed and engineered with aesthetics, performance, and utmost safety in mind for extended bluewater cruising. Lightweight, all-carbon composite construction is the foundation of this robust platform, designed to be highly capable of handling a wide variety of conditions encountered when offshore sailing, and an absolute pleasure to sail in the entire range of conditions.
Whether you plan to sail over the horizon on a global cruise or take line honors at regattas, the Gunboat 68 Tosca will get you there in speed, comfort and style.
The reference in high living, performance catamarans
Design Parameters: Driven by the heritage and trailblazing nature of Gunboat – to make no compromise on performance, luxury, equipment, and comfort on a platform conceived for safe, fast world-cruising. The stunning exterior lines exude speed. The luxurious interior delivers true comfort and refined style; Clean, modern, and purposeful design, at the same time with real luxury embodied in her every aspect. Systems were engineered to be accessible and require minimal maintenance. Semi-customizable layouts and well-thought-out options deliver versatility and personalize each Gunboat 68 to reflect the individuality of her owner. Ultimately, evolutions in the new design merely enhance the core Gunboat DNA: practical, lightweight, high-performance, and ready to sail the globe.
The Gunboat 68 evolved through a close design loop between Gunboat, VPLP, Patrick Le Quément, and Christophe Chedal Anglay – collaborating with owners and crew, industry experts, and with unique contributions from the French offshore racing and aviation communities.
Through 20 years of head-turning designs, enviable cruising speeds, and regatta podiums, Gunboat set the bar and continues to raise it, applying innovation and proven technologies to the desires of performance sailing and the bluewater cruising lifestyle – blasting the boundaries of mutual exclusivity between the two. It turns out you can have it both ways.
Gunboat 68 Tosca was built by our experienced, dedicated team working in top facilities.
– Engineered by VPLP, the “fastest naval architects in the world”, and uniquely the foremost offshore racing as well as cruising multihull designers;
– Built by Gunboat in La Grande-Motte, France, operating with the experience and mentality of a race boat campaign, focused on strength and weight;
– Top-quality materials best suited for every application of the build: Epoxy resin, carbon, corecell foam, and nomex honeycomb to name a few;
– Discreet build processes applied to optimized materials; such as thermoforming the core, infusing the hull, and the application of vacuum wetpreg for some components and full prepreg for the interior bulkheads;
– Assembled in our state-of-the-art factory in La Grande-Motte, France.
- LOA 21.60 M 68 FT
- LWL 20.75 M 68 FT
- BOA 9.1 M 29.9 FT
- DRAFT BOARD DOWN 4.3 M 14.2 FT
- DRAFT BOARD UP 1.5 M 4.9 FT
- MAST CLEARANCE 31 M 101.7 FT
- MAST LENGTH 29 M 95.2 FT
- DISPLACEMENT 19.5 T 42.990 LBS
- FUEL CAPACITY 756 L 200 GAL
- WATER CAPACITY 756 L 200 GAL
For more detail and a list of upgrades, contact Gunboat to request the full specifications.